Each year on June 23rd, National Pink Day colours the world in vibrant shades of pink and explores everything it represents.
So, what do we know about Pink?
- Dianthus plumarius is a garden plant also known as the common pink, garden pink, or wild pink, or simply pink.
- Pink is the name of a female singer although she spells it P!nk.
- Traditionally used clothing and decoration for baby girls.
- Dating back to the 14th century, “to pink” (the verb) means “to decorate with a perforated or punched pattern.”
To commentate this day:
- Plant or give some pink flowers.
- Use pink in a sentence.
- Temporarily (or permanently) dye your hair pink.
- Color or paint something in shades of pink.
- Paint your nails pink
These are a few of the pink cross stitch projects I have done over the years.
And a couple of books that relate to the pink theme.